Friday, March 7, 2014

Plain Truth ~ Jodi Picoult

Let's start with just how fabulous Jodi Picoult is. I've probably read around five of her books, and let's be honest, how could you not like her? I guess you could say her books are kind of safe for me. I know I'm going to like whatever book I read by her, so why choose another? I wanted to start off with something I would enjoy rather than getting right into the challenging books. Basically, I like Jodi Picoult's books because they have some mystery and court drama to them as well as some lighter stuff like romance and humor. But don't worry, I've already been cut off and this will be the only book I'm reading by her for this assignment. I'm expecting this story to be a little different from others of hers that I've read. This one has some religion and unfamiliar cultures in it that will interesting for me to read. It's a murder mystery with the setting of an Amish town in Lancaster. I'm looking forward to learn about the culture as well as get intwined into the mystery of the story and the secrets of the characters. I've heard nothing but positive opinions about Plain Truth, so I'm expecting to enjoy it. I'll be back soon to keep you posted!

~Jenna



PS ~ I just found out they made this a movie starring the one and only Mariska Hargitay, so I'm definitely going to have to see that after reading!!


PAGE COUNT – 402

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jenna,
    It sounds like you're really going to enjoy reading this book and that it really interests you. Surprisingly, I have never read a Jodi Picoult book, but after all of the people that are reading her books for this assignment and all the great things they're saying, I have to read one maybe for my free choice or just after the project. Are there any in particular that you would suggest for me? Anyway, what exactly interested you about this book other than the author, and how far are you? I'd really like to know what you think of this book so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay first off, you MUST read one of her books. I'd say my top three were 19 Minutes, The Pact, and The Storyteller. Any of these would be good choices. So far, I would also recommend Plain Truth, but I still don't know how it's going to end! I received quite a few recommendations for the story which was also one of the main reasons I chose it. Other than that though, I really enjoy court room mystery kind of stories. I also thought it would be interesting because it was based in a culture that I wasn't familiar with, so I thought it would be cool to learn about that a little bit. I'm really enjoying the book, and I've posted a midway review, so go check it out if you're interested in reading it!

      Delete