Friday, March 21, 2014

In Cold Blood ~ Truman Capote

I have returned to mention the start of my next book, which as you can guess by the title of this post, is called In Cold Blood. I was recommended this book by Mr.Perlman when in one of our talks about my last book, I mentioned that I enjoyed mystery books that had some court room drama in them. I was unsure for a while which book I was going to read for my non fiction. I had been going back and forth amongst several books, In Cold Blood, The Tipping Point, and Unbroken. I decided I didn't want to read The Tipping Point just yet, because I was nervous about reading a book that was more essay style and not plot driven, which is one of the major things I like in a book. I enjoy there to be a story, which is why (I think) I chose In Cold Blood. From the reviews I've read and the things I've heard about the book, it's written in a very storylike manner, which makes it a non fiction novel. I'm looking forward to the mystery in the story which is about a man who murders four members of his family in cold blood (get it). I think I might lose sight of the fact that it's a non fiction book due to the factor of it being written like a novel, and I'm not yet sure whether that will be a good thing or a bad thing. I'm hoping to enjoy the book and find a new genre of writing that I enjoy reading. I'll let you know!

~Jenna

PAGE COUNT – 343

No comments:

Post a Comment